Consumer Advisory Committee
The Consumer Advisory Committee (CAC) was created as a standing committee to the HealthInfoNet Board of Directors. Strong consumer input and support is critical to the success of Maine’s health information exchange. The role of the Committee is to advise the Board on issues related to patient privacy and help build public understanding, trust and confidence in the health information exchange through development of consumer education and awareness strategies.
The Committee was integral to the development of HealthInfoNet’s initial security and confidentiality policies and procedures and continues to be involved in areas related to patient privacy and awareness as the health information exchange expands. The Committee is also responsible for assisting with development of tools for patients to access thier information in the HIE securely online.
Minutes of past meetings are available on our resources page.
- Poppy Arford – Consumer
- Lanie Abbott – Eastern Maine Health Care Systems
- Kathleen Brogan – Family Planning Association of Maine
- Todd Goodwin – Community Partners Inc.
- Megan Hannan – Frannie Peabody Center
- David Pied – Maine CDC Office of Population Health
- William Sullivan – Consumer
- Ann Sullivan – Consumer (Chair)