GET THE MOST OUT OF THE HIE’S SERVICES
Learn how HealthInfoNet can provide better, easier, and safer health data services to your organization.
HealthInfoNet is dedicated to helping our communities create lasting system wide improvements in the value of patient care. Explore our HIE services, including how they are being used across the care continuum and how to get trained on their use and function.
Specialty Care Teams
Without readily available health information at the point of care, patients are more likely to experience dangerous drug interactions, unnecessary or duplicative tests, and post procedure complications These experiences are especially true for patients seeking specialty care, a group of individuals greater at risk for adverse outcomes HealthInfoNet provides effective solutions that enable coordinated specialty care to ensure improved health access and outcomes.
Top Specialty Care User Cases & Interventions
WATCH OUR SPECIALTY CARE CASE STUDY WEBINAR
Evaluate Referrals & Treatment Plans
- Assess care summaries received from primary care providers to inform and evaluate prior authorization requests
- Review previous primary care office notes, active problems and chronic conditions, laboratory results, radiology reports, and hospital and procedure notes from various sources to inform consultation visits
- Enhance patient confidence and satisfaction by engendering greater collaboration with referring providers
Conduct Medication Reconciliation
- Confirm correct medication lists during transitions of care by reviewing filled/dispensed medications (over last 120 days)
- Prevent duplication of medications after discharge to avoid overprescribing, eliminating redundancies and extra costs
- Monitor medications to prevent misuse and risk of harm
- Identify potentially adverse drug combinations/interactions and/or dosing levels
Increase Coordinated CARE EFFORTS
- Establish clear communication with primary care providers and other treating providers from unaffiliated locations through real time updates to shared care plans
- Ensure timely communication of events across all treating providers via electronic notification alerts to ensure rapid follow on action and informed decision making
- Facilitate future referrals and monitor at risk patients’ progressions between professional settings to guarantee follow through on
IMPROVE POST PROCEDURE PLANNING
- Assemble comprehensive discharge care plans including review of medications, identification of necessary follow up services and office visits, description of relevant equipment needs, and recommendation of home care services, as Needed
- Assure seamless transitions of care to various care settings according to each patient’s specific health needs and risks by facilitating accurate interpretation of discharge instructions
- Support and ensure successful care coordination during transitions through improved communication and care planning
SUpport Performance MEASUREMENT
- Support various performance reporting initiatives by providing access to a centralized and comprehensive clinical data repository to fill in data gaps and longitudinal information
- Produce a variety of quality, utilization, and predictive risk measures to help providers identify weaknesses, prioritize opportunities and identify improvement areas
- Track health outcomes and equity based on both clinical and community activities and determinants of health and wellbeing
- Provide quality measurement support for Hospital Readmission Reduction Program (HRRP), CMS Core Measure Set, and National Quality Forum (NQF) reporting efforts
USING HEALTHINFONET’S HIE SERVICES TO CREATED COORDINATED SPECIALTY CARE
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A PARTICIPANT?
Complete our online onboarding interest form to help us understand a bit more about your organization and we’ll get back to you shortly!
ALREADY A PARTICIPANT & WANT TO LEARN?
Contact our Education team to start using HealthInfoNet’s HIE services effectively at your organization we’re here to help!